Fit-out Works and Standards
All fitout plans and any alterations to your tenancy require landlord approval prior to the commencement of works. Refer to clause 3.1 and 3.2 of your lease for full details.
The base building lighting and ceilings must not be altered in your tenancy works.
The overarching objectives of the Lesee’s fitout should be to:
- Reduce energy
- Conserve water
- Reduce waste
- Reduce pollution
- Improve indoor environment quality (IEQ)
- Reduce operating costs
Which can generally be achieved by;
- Integrated design/ the use of rating and certification tools where possible and adherence to the BUG.
- Improving the indoor environment by maximising natural daylight, reducing glare, maximising external views, reducing internal noise, VOCs and formaldehydes.
- Reduction of Energy from fitout components, including lighting and equipment, improving thermal efficiency of the space, and the reuse of grey water.
- Reducing waste by sourcing sustainable components and materials that provide an end of life solution and improve the circular economy.
- Reducing emissions.
For a full and comprehensive sustainable fitout guidelines refer to the Ministry for the Environment’s Guide to Sustainable Office Fit-outs or the Circular Economy Model Office Guide. https://sustainable.org.nz/the-circular-economy-model-office-guide/
Consider donating unwanted office furniture to relevant charitable organisations like All Heart NZ Charitable Trust or Habitat for Humanity.
Last modified: 17 Apr, 2019