Energy Use Management
The following list of energy efficient features have either been installed or a scheduled to be installed in a 5 year plan for the building precinct.
Car Park Lighting
All car park luminaires are fitted with LEDs and controlled via a series of movement sensors which will turn the lights on/off if personnel movement or vehicular movement is detected/not detected during normal hours.
All common area lighting is fitted with efficient LEDs and movement sensors where appropriate. Tenants are responsible for installing their own tenancy lighting to suit their fitout, we recommend investing in efficient lighting options and grouping lighting with separate switches to enable users to switch off lighting that is not required.
External lighting is on a time clock control with manual override switches. The lighting is designed to operate around normal business hours after dusk.
We are investigating central roof-mounted solar panels to provide energy for the common power and therefore minimise electrical Opex costs.
Dedicated tenancy power supplies are provided to each tenancy via a power retailer metered sub-main from the building’s main switchboard.
- Do let Samson know if you identify any sensor lighting issues
- Do let Samson know if there are any unusual energy spikes
- Do turn off lights within your tenancy that aren’t required
- Do instruct colleagues to turn off computers at the end of the day
- Consider using a carbon certified energy supplier like Ecotricity. https://ecotricity.co.nz/
Last modified: 25 Jun, 2019